The science of connecting with today’s consumers using an emotional platform is nothing new and has been successfully practiced for many years. In a Harvard Business Review on the subject, they point to the success of this strategy highlighted in a few of these examples:
- A leading household cleaning company turned recent market share losses into double-digit growth after releasing messages with a more emotional connection to their audience
- A nationwide apparel retailer experienced a sales growth acceleration of more than threefold when emotionally connecting with customers
- A major bank introduced a credit card targeted to Millennials with an emotional connection and their new account rates grew by 40% with a 70% increase in this segment
Disconnecting The Adorable Dots
There’s no denying “kids, cats and dogs” seem to rule the internet with their cuteness factor especially on social media. Often we’re forgetting these images are mostly found on users feeds, shared in animal-lover groups and even posted on wildlife charity sites. So when you think about it, “Awe, that’s cute,” won’t necessarily equate to “Aha, that sells.”
The important use of demographics examines more than simply recognizing age, gender, income, and other attributes. It also finds ways to connect with an audience on a deeper emotional level with more than an adorable image that only resonates briefly with them.
Unless your target audience is a group of animal-obsessed elementary-aged schoolgirls, kittens and unicorns simply aren’t going to fly with most of the other generations and genders of potential customers, clients, and consumers. The wave of the future will still connect emotionally with today’s users, but the cuteness factor will be taking a back seat to more modern methods of video advertising.
What is Programmatic Video Advertising
For those unaware of the attributes of programmatic video advertising, basically, it’s the use of automated processes to purchase advertising space based on a set of prerequisites being put into place. The advertiser defines their ideal audience in detail to the marketers who are given access to their ads after setting a specific budget. Around 75% of video advertising seen in the current marketplace is considered to be programmatic.
So we’ve learned programmatic video advertising is ruling this content marketing platform, but there’s a lot more than meets the eye when it comes to utilizing these moving images when businesses consider:
- The ability of these ads to reach a specifically targeted audience will ultimately lead to better overall results in the long run
- These data-driven videos are successfully crossing channels that include a number of different venues found on television sets, desktops, smartphones, and other handheld devices.
- Campaigns can be quickly and easily modified without the need for complicated renegotiations or unnecessary meetings to discuss different parameters in programming possibilities
- There’s less direct involvement necessary from sales and purchasing teams since the algorithms are doing all the hard work and making the best decisions automatically
- Data reports reveal where success and failure rates are found and point to specific avenues where there’s either room for improvement or places where successful campaigns should remain in place
Partner with AdCellerant
One of the best parts of using programmatic video advertising is partnering with other businesses and brands to reduce costs and reach larger audiences. With nearly unlimited targeting options and over 70 different third-party data sources, there are literally thousands of ways to reach these viewers.
AdCellerant has already helped hundreds of companies become more successful through the use of programmatic video advertising platforms. Contact us today to see how we can help you grow your business’s revenue.